Vidyalakshmi Education Loan: Shri Arun Jaitley, Honourable Union Finance Minister in his budget speech for FY 2015-16 said: “India is one of the youngest nations in the world with more than 54% of the total population below 25 years of age. Our young people have to be both, educated and employable for the jobs of the 21st century. The Prime Minister has explained how Skill India needs to be closely coordinated with Make in India.
With a view to enable all poor and middle class students to pursue higher education of their choice without any constraint of funds, this scholarship will provide to Student as a finantial assistance with low interest rates. Through the Pradhan Mantri Vidya Lakshmi Karyakram it is ensured that no student misses out on higher education for lack of funds.
15 अगस्त 2015 को, “विद्या लक्ष्मी पोर्टल शिक्षा ऋण योजना” वित्त मंत्रालय ने शुरू की थी। यह पोर्टल एनएसडीएल ई-गवर्नेंस इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर लिमिटेड द्वारा वित्तीय सेवा विभाग, उच्च शिक्षा विभाग, भारतीय बैंक संघ और मानव संसाधन विकास मंत्रालय के सहयोग से विकसित और बनाए रखा गया है। यह पोर्टल सभी छात्रों के लिए शैक्षिक ऋणों के साथ-साथ सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति से संबंधित धन और सूचना का उपयोग करने के लिए प्रवेश द्वार है। यह एकल फार्म भरकर ऋण या छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन करने वाले छात्रों के लिए एक एकल खिड़की प्रदान करता है। पोर्टल 22 विभिन्न शिक्षा ऋण योजनाएं प्रदान करता है|
“Vidya Lakshmi is a first of its kind portal for students seeking Education Loan. This portal has been developed under the guidance of Department of Financial Services, (Ministry of Finance) , Department of Higher Education (Ministry of Human Resource Development) and Indian Banks Association (IBA).The portal has been developed and being maintained by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited. Students can view, apply and track the education loan applications to banks anytime, anywhere by accessing the portal. The portal also provides linkages to National Scholarship Portal.
Benefit of Vidyalakshmi Education Loan:
- Student can apply to various banks for educational loans through a single form.
- This site id directly linked to national scholarship portal to apply for other government scholarships.
- Through Login id and Password students can see there loan application status.
- Students can also send to the banks e-mail queries for any kind of issues related to educational loans.
- Also Banks can upload loan processing status.
- The students have the advantage of applying to three banks at a time.
- However, the interest rate will be as per the applicable rules of an individual bank.
- This reduces the student’s time of approaching different banks.
How to apply for Vidyalakshmi Education Loan:
- To fill the application form of Vidya lakshmi Education Loan the students have to visit official website.
- Click at Online application invited for Vidyalakshmi Education Loan.
- Register yourself on the portal.
- Fill up the Common Application form for scholarship referred as the Common Education Loan Application Form (CELAF). This form is prescribed by Indian Banks Association (IBA) and is accepted by all banks.
- The portal itself suggests the other schemes for which a student is eligible.
- By the help of this website student can choose Educational Loan as per their requirements.
List of Banks Associated with Vidya lakshmi Education Loan:
- Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sindh Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Central Bank of India
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
Vidyalakshmi Education Loan important details
Scheme Launch Date- Aug 2015
Launched By- University Grants Commission
Registration Starting From- Aug 2015
Registration Closing On- TBU
For Online Registration. Click Here
For More information and Latest Updates Keep Visiting
For further queries
Tel – (022) 2499 4200
Fax – (022) 2497 6351
e-mail ID : firstname.lastname@example.org