Scholarship for Disabled 2017: National Handicapped Finance Corporation (NHFDC) has announced to give scholarship to 2500 differently abled students of india. THe scheme is launced as Scholarship for Disabled 2017. The main motive of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the differently abled candidate and give them the opportunity to pursue technical or professional education.
NHFD works under Department of empowerment of persons and disabilities(PwDs), ministry of social justice and empowerment, government of India. This financial assistance will help them for higher studies and will create more opportunity of employment. The Scholarship for Disabled 2017 is for the upcoming academic year 2017 to 2018 are under the scholarship schemes trust fund and national fund.
Under Scholarship for Disabled 2017 from NHFDC every year 2500 differently-abled students will get the scholarship from all over India. This scholarship is only for students from India who are covered under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Right and Full Participation) Act, 1995 and the National Trust for the Welfare of person with Autism, cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Mental Disabilities Act, 1999.
Benefits of Scholarship for Disabled 2017 from NHFDC:
- Under the national scholarship scheme, students will be paid maintenance allowance for 10 months
- Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses in one academic year at following rates.
- Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post-Graduate Courses in one academic year at following rates.
- Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/- per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
- Differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time) as given below.
Eligibility of Scholarship for Disabled 2017 from NHFDC :
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination.
- For postgraduate scholarships candidate must be a graduate.
- Family monthly income should be less than Rs. 15,000.
- Candidates enrolled in other scholarship scheme are not eligible.
List of documents required for Scholarship for Disabled 2017 from NHFDC:
- Attested copies of all mark sheets.
- Proof of annual income.
- Disabled certificate.
- Fee receipt from college.
How To apply for Scholarship for Disabled 2017 from NHFDC:
- Visit the Official Website and click on Apply Online.
- Then click on National Scholarship Link.
- Then click on Register Now.
- Now select New Scholarship Application link.
- Fill your email ID, Mobile No for Registration.
- Fill the form completely.
- Print the application form and send it to head of the department must be posted to National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), Red Cross Bhavan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007.
Scholarship for Disabled (NHFDC) 2017-18 Important Details
Registration Starting From- 25 Aug 2017
For Official Site. Click Here
For Online Registration. Click here