Inspire Scholarship 2017-18: “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” is an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology for attraction of talent to Science. The basic objective of Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitements of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science & Technology system and R & D base.
A striking feature of the programme is that it does not believe in conducting competitive exams for identification of talent at any level. It believes in and relies on the efficacy of the existing educational structure for identification of talent.Generation and nurturing of a human talent pool capable of utilizing and developing first principles in science is both a pre-condition and integral part of such an innovation infrastructure.
An India specific model for attracting talent with an aptitude for research and innovation, for a career in Basic & Natural sciences is required. Department of Science & Technology (DST) has developed an innovative programme named Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) to attract talent to the excitement and study of science at an early age, and to help the country build the required critical resource pool for strengthening and expanding the S&T system and R&D base with a long term foresight.
Government of India has approved the INSPIRE Scheme in November 2008 at a total cost of about Rs 1979.25 crores in the 11th Plan Period and Honourable Prime Minister launched the programme on 13th December 2008. The programme is continuing in the 12th Plan period at a budgetary allocation of Rs. 2200 crores.
Benefit of Inspire Scholarship 2017-18:
- Selected scholars will receive scholarship valued at Rs. 80,000/- annually.
- The cash value payable to the SHE scholarship holder is Rs. 60,000/- per annum.
- The balance amount of Rs.20,000/- will be for a summer time attachment fee to be paid for undertaking summer time research project.
Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 has three components:
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE).
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC). the component wise details can be found here.
- Scheme for Early Attraction of Talent (SEATS) aims to attract talented youth to study science by providing INSPIRE Award of Rs 5000 to one million young learners of the age group 10-15 years, ranging from Class VI to Class X standards, and also by arranging summer camps for about 50,000 science students of Class XI with global leaders in science to experience the joy of innovations on an annual basis through INSPIRE Internship.
- Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) aims to enhance rates of attachment of talented youth to undertake higher education in science intensive programmes, by providing scholarships and mentorship. The scheme offers 10,000 Scholarship every year at Rs 0.80 lakh per year for the talented youth in the age group 17-22 years, for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in natural sciences. The main feature of the scheme is the mentorship support provided to every scholar.
- Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC) aims to attract, attach, retain and nourish talented young scientific Human Resource for strengthening the R&D foundation and base. It has two sub-components. In the first component i.e. INSPIRE Fellowship (age group of 22-27 years), it offers 1000 fellowships every year, for carrying out doctoral degree in both basic and applied sciences including engineering and medicine. In the second component i.e. INSPIRE Faculty Scheme, it offers assured opportunity every year for 1000 post- doctoral researchers in the age group of 27-32 years, through contractual and tenure track positions for 5 years in both basic and applied sciences area.
List of Documents Required Inspire Scholarship 2017-18:
Inspire Scholarship 2017-2018 Cut off:
|Jammu & Kashmir||90.4||Odisha||84.5|
How to Apply for Inspire Scholarship 2017-18:
- Applications can be submitted online with all essential documents, at www.online-inspire.gov.in.
- The timing is 10 am on 15th October 2017 up to 5 pm on 31st December 2017.
Inspire Scholarship 2017-18 important details
Registration Starting From- 15th October 2017
Registration Closing On- 31st December 2017
For Online Registration. Click Here
For More information and Latest Updates Keep Visiting