The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship” Scheme. It was started by the Foundation in academic year 2003-04. The main purpose of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious girl students belonging to national minorities, who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support.
MAEF Scholarship Scheme of the Foundation is very popular scheme and its sanctioning quota is increasing year by year. Till date 275744 girl students have been assisted with Rs. 328.72 crore by the Foundation since Inception spread all over the country.
The Scheme of “MAEF Scholarship” for Girl Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship” and the same was launched by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee at National Conference of Educational & Economic Development of Minorities held on 03.05.2003 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
To recognize, promote and assist girl students belonging to National Minorities who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support. Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges. The scheme will be announced by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) well in time on its website
Benefit of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship:
|Sr. No||Item||Amount in Rs.|
|1||Admission & tuition fee for classes IX and X||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 5000/- each|
|2||Admission & tuition fee for class XI and XII||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.12000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6000/- each|
Eligibility for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship:
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- Scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class.
- Annual income of student’s parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh.
- Income Certificate of parents/guardian to be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Govt./UTs Administration.
- Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form”. In case if students submit more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”.
- Amount of scholarship will be credited directly into the Beneficiary bank account through DBT mode.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course.
Renewal of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship:
- The Scholarship once awarded may be renewed during the next academic year on the production of certificate that the student has passed the previous Class in first attempt with at-least 50% marks.
- Students once selected at any stage of class have to submit their applications for renewal at next stage of class, there is no need to submit a fresh application at every stage.
- The renewal applications would be fully exhausted against the new applications is considered.
- If selected students found not eligible for renewal of scholarship at any level then, she has to apply a fresh at next stage/academic year.
Selection Procedure for MAEF Scholarship 2017:
- The selection procedure will be based on the criteria of parent’s/guardian’s annual income.
- The selection of the eligible students will be primarily done on the basis of the lower income criteria.
- among the students who have secured at least 50% marks in the previous exam.
- however there is fixed no. of scholarship quota for each State/UTs based upon the population of the minorities in the concentrated area.
Documents Required for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship:
- Graduation Mark sheet.
- Bank Account No.
- Aadhar card number
- Domicile certificate
- Photo and signature of candidate
How to Apply for MAEF Scholarship 2017:
- To fill the online application form go to official website.
- Click on the link showing Apply Online for Apply for Fresh Application.
- Fill the opened form completely and submit..
- Save your Registration no. for future procedures.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Important details
Scheme Launch Date- Aug 2017
Registration Starting From- Aug 2017
Last Date of Registration – 31 Oct 2017
For Online Registration. Click here
For More information and Latest Updates Keep Visiting